Installation by our trained team includes the delivery, assembly and bolting down of the pergola, including any screens & louvered panels. Lead times for installation ranges from 4-6 weeks, and we provide nationwide installs. Please get in touch to check current lead times. Once you’ve placed your order online, we’ll make contact to book a convenient date to install your pergola. By selecting and paying for our installation service you are agreeing to the pre-installation guide detailed below. If anything in the guide is not adhered to, it may incur an additional fee for our team to return.
Aluminium louvered roof pergolas work on the natural fall of your existing surface to allow the rain to drain meaning a slight fall is necessary. Please take care to ensure you have measured the area correctly and have a flat surface with a max of 1:80 fall (which, by building regulations your patio should already have). For anything more than this, we would need prior notification, as it means we would need to fit the pergola with packers. Our installers can adjust the legs to sit flat, using spacers up to 50mm; this does not affect your warranty. A 1:80 fall over a distance of 3410mm is 42mm. For best fitting of the deluxe screens a fall of 10mm is best suited to ensure smooth operation, please note that packers or adjustments may be required if the fall is beyond this.
Modifications such as lowering the height of the structure can be achieved, this service is great for areas which cover different levels, steps and walls and is available with an additional fee.
Our team are trained to fix to the following surfaces:
- Paving slabs
- Wood decking
- Composite decking
- Porcelain tiles
Please see the Ground Fixing Sheet explanatory document for detail.
Please note, for porcelain tiles our team use diamond drill bits and are extremely careful, however please be aware that we cannot be held responsible if tiles are cracked when drilling down, due to how the surface has been laid or where the legs are required to sit close to grout lines. Fixing into porcelain tiles will incur an additional fee, due to the expense of using the correct tools and the added time taken to carefully complete this work.
Our install team are not trained electricians and so for any heater installations, please organise your own local electrician to fit this for you.
Flashing can be added to the Pergola to create a seal between your property and Pergola, however this is not part of the design and the installation team can only fit the flashing as best they can to your property. Suns Lifestyle cannot guarantee that it will work on every surface. This is an addition to the pergola and not part of the pergola and so is not covered by the warranty.
PERGOLA PRE-INSTALLATION GUIDE
Before our installation team arrives, please ensure that you have completed and adhered to the following actions.
Note: If you have contacted us for advice or recommendation on the size that will work for your space, it is your responsibility to check your space before proceeding with your order.
- Decide the exact location and positioning of your Pergola/item in advance.
- Ensure the location and positioning you have chosen is adequate for the Pergola/item you have ordered. Refer back to the dimensions specified on your order.
- Ensure access to the site is clear and free from obstacles.
- Ensure the grounds upon which your Pergola is to be constructed is level, solid and any uneven bumps are levelled and/or smoothed before arrival of our team. Any additional works noticed to be required can be subject to fees as stated in our Assembly and Installation Service Terms and Disclaimer. Please refer to the Ground Fixing Sheet for details regarding fixing to surfaces.
- Suns Lifestyle are not liable for the adequate preparation of ground services, you must give reasonable settling time for any preparation works to solidify an or settle before agreeing to an installation date.
- Ensure that all grounding works have been discussed with our sales team in advance, so we are aware of the surface you are wanting to construct on.
- Ensure that there is someone available to greet our team upon arrival and show them to the site where you wish the Pergola/item to be installed and constructed.
- We take no responsibility for any preventable damages/faults to the Pergola/items that are not within reason of a manufacturer fault. This includes but is not limited to; naturally occurring ground movements; extreme weather conditions, tampering with the structure, movement or re-structure of the area within close proximity of the Pergola.
- Suns Lifestyle will not be liable for any damage that occurs to your decking, patio, paving, garden to general property from the use of bolts, anchoring or other such materials needed to secure your item.
- Suns Lifestyle takes no responsibility for items damaged by wind if securing of the item via bolts, anchors and other devices is refused by the customer. Refusing the secure fitting will be at the risk entirely of the customer and any third parties that should be in contact with the Pergola/item.
- By purchasing Pergola/items you are attesting to the knowledge and understanding of this pre-installation checklist and the Assembly and Installation Service Terms and Disclaimer.
Our Pergola Installation service is carried out by a two-man installation team who will deliver, unpack your items, construct in the agreed location and remove any packaging and waste from the construction.
Suns Lifestyle reserves the right to make any additional charges should the assembly be complex or considered non-standard. This includes but is not limited to; construction over a hot tub or jacuzzi and on surfaces such as porcelain.
In preparation for our building project and to facilitate the best working environment for our installation team, we kindly ask customers to ensure the designated area is clear and securely protected before our team arrives. This includes, but is not limited to, hot tubs, BBQs, kitchens, furniture, and any other belongings. Please note that our team cannot accept responsibility for any damage to these items if they are not appropriately covered or relocated. Additionally, we strongly recommend that the area is fully completed, and any other contractors finish their work before our team’s scheduled arrival.
HINTS & TIPS
Once installed, all pergola screens should be treated similarly to a parasol: the screens should be safely retracted into the cassette when not using the pergola to ensure longevity.
If you’ve purchased a Maranza Pergola with Deluxe screens for self-installation, do not forget to purchase a Rivet nut gun to install this successfully. Please note: DO NOT use dent holes in legs as a guide for fitting a deluxe screen. Instead fit the screen 5mm from the front so that the deluxe screen is as close to the edge as possible.
Remember to inspect your goods thoroughly on arrival, and report any issues as soon as they become apparent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the FAQ page here
For aftercare information for orders including furniture please see here
For help with any other queries, please email email@example.com